PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 2 February 2018

There Are No Breaks In This Business


My concerns regarding the Lulu print on demand company continues.

I've mentioned before that I have seen copies of my books on various sites but no sales figures on my online account to back those up. My assumption has been that the place the POD stores files was compromised. On three occasions my emails were ignored outright.

Just after Christmas I was contacted by someone who had purchased one of the pricier books -the 400+pp British Golden Age collection. But so as not to pay postage (can't blame him for that), he bought online from Book Barn. Which means from a £20 book I'd get about £3.00 (a US sale I might get £2.00).

He got his book around 15th January. No sale has registered with Lulu. Waiting to hear back from the company but if I had not been told this person had bought the book I would not know (and he has discussed the contents so he has a copy).

Were the other books I've seen from genuine sales that I have received no money from -Lulu never answered my query at the time or since.

My ultimate threat is, of course, to contact the US Tax service (hey I pay taxes on US sales so they can work for it) and tell them my suspicions.

up-date: 2nd February,

Just checked my account and the book in question is not listed as having sold. I am not going to go through the whole piracy thing again so all the large books including the Ultimate Golden Age collection will be deleted from the store on the 15th.

2 comments:

  1. Is there another place like Lulu that does print on demand? Also, do some more Centaur related books :). Thank you for the work you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Still looking into that. Thanks for the comment about the Centaur book! It is my favourite Golden Age company and I certainly want to do more reprints at some point -hang in there!

    ReplyDelete